County’s Development Mapper
The following types of projects are mapped
  • Conditional Use Permit (CUP) – A CUP permit is required for certain types of uses as required by the Buncombe County Zoning Ordinance. An application for a CUP requires review by the Board of Adjustment. CUPs shown on the map include Planned Unit Developments, which consist of multi-family residential and commercial projects.

  • Major Subdivision – A major subdivisions of land which result in 11 or more total lots upon completion.

  • Minor Subdivision – A minor subdivisions of land which result in between 4 to 10 total lots upon completion.

To find out more specific information about a project please visit the Buncombe County Development Portal
or contact Buncombe County Planning at (828) 250-4830/email us.